DOLFIEST DAY OF THE YEAR
Benjamin Franklin 1706
Franklin developed and committed himself to a personal improvement program that consisted of living 13 virtues. The 13 virtues were:
- “TEMPERANCE. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.”
- “SILENCE. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.”
- “ORDER. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.”
- “RESOLUTION. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.”
- “FRUGALITY. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.”
- “INDUSTRY. Lose no time; be always employ’d in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.”
- “SINCERITY. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.”
- “JUSTICE. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.”
- “MODERATION. Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.”
- “CLEANLINESS. Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation.”
- “TRANQUILLITY. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.”
- “CHASTITY. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another’s peace or reputation.”
- “HUMILITY. Imitate Jesus and Socrates.”
*Keep track throughout the day and see if you can attain moral perfection (in the eyes of the boozing and womanizing Benjamin Franklin.) If you like it, go ahead and try perfecting one per week for the next 13 weeks.
Dwyane Wade 1982
- One-Dribble Pull-Up Shots
• Two-Dribble Pull-Up Shots
• Change-of-Direction Dribbling
• Free Throws
• Full-Court Dribbling
• Drives to the Hoop
Duration: 45-60 minutes
*Hopefully the gym you belong to has a basketball court. If not, maybe the local high school or YMCA is your best bet to prepare for domination on the court like NBA superstar Dwyane Wade. Practice his skill work and show off those skills in a game of pick up.
Muhammed Ali 1942
ALI’S RECIPE FOR LIFE
What would you like people to think about you when you are gone?
“I’D LIKE FOR THEM TO SAY.
HE TOOK A FEW CUPS OF LOVE.
HE TOOK ONE TABLESPOON OF PATIENCE,
ONE TEASPOON OF GENEROSITY,
ONE PINT OF KINDNESS;
HE TOOK ONE QUART OF LAUGHTER,
ONE PINCH OF CONCERN
AND THEN HE MIXED WILLINGNESS
HE ADDED LOTS OF FAITH,
AND HE STIRRED IT UP WELL.
THEN HE SPREAD IT OVER A SPAN OF
A LIFETIME, AND HE SERVED IT TO
EACH AND EVERY DESERVING
PERSON HE MET.”
*Start following Ali’s recipe for life.
Jim Carrey 1962
“I hope everybody could get rich and famous and will have everything they ever dreamed of, so they will know that it’s not the answer.” – Jim Carrey
*Investing in people as opposed to trying to impress people will leave a lasting effect through eternity whereas fame and money will be quickly fleeting.
James Earl Jones 1931 – watch The Great White Hope
*Of course you could watch James Earl Jones as Darth Vader, but instead watch him almost win an Oscar in The Great White Hope.
Michelle Obama 1964 – Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
“This is Sasha and Malia’s favorite.”
*Make the First Cauliflower Mac and Cheese and enjoy it while watching The Great White Hope. Yes you can.
What a day! I believe this to be the best day of 365DOLF.
SNUB – Betty White 1922
- Strive for moral perfection
- D-Wade skills
- Follow Ali’s recipe for life
- Invest in people
- Watch The Great White Hope
- Make cauliflower mac and cheese