REAL DEAL DAY
Cassius M. Clay 1810
Cassius Marcellus Clay on one hand he was a brawling, idealist yet on the other he was a poet and a towering intellectual, steadfastly unwavering and courageous in his ideals . . . and he changed the course of history.
*Be courageous in your ideals like Cassius M. Clay and maybe one day “The Greatest” will be named after you.
Evander Holyfield 1962
“This Hall of Fame thing is all about the help I got from someone else,” said Holyfield, the youngest of nine children. “My mother would have been so happy.”
- Sprint 40 yards
- Sprint backwards 40 yards
- Do 10 frog jumps (be explosive!)
- Do 10 push-ups
- Bear crawl (like Spiderman) 40 yards
- Bear crawl backwards 40 yards
- Sideways run right 40 yards
- Sideways run left 40 yards
- Do 10 frog jumps
- Explosive skipping (knee up as high as possible) forward 40 yards
- Explosive skipping (same as above) backward 40 yards
*Not quite as good as Cassius Clay, but pretty close was “The Real Deal” Evander Holyfield. No gym or trainer needed for his heavyweight workout.
Trey Parker 1969 – watch The Book of Mormon
*Watch Trey Parker’s musical – The Book of Mormon – to learn all about the Mormon religion.
Charles Merrill 1885
A poor boy from Florida, Merrill was forced to leave college by lack of funds. But he schemed his way to Wall Street and made himself wealthy by the time he was 31.
*Start an account with Merrill Lynch today. Start out with their personal retirement calculator.
John Lithgow – watch The World According to Garp
*Watch John Lithgow almost win an Oscar in The World According to Garp
Jon Favreau 1966 – Cuban sandwich
Favreau admits that the film was the reason he learned how to cook, and learning to cook became a bonding experience for him and his family.
*Watch Chef and then make the Cuban sandwich from the movie and enjoy.
SNUB – Ashlyn Harris 1985
- Be courageous in your ideals
- The Real Deal workout
- Watch The Book of Mormon
- Start an account with Merrill Lynch
- Watch The World According to Garp
- Make a Cuban sandwich